Sunday, August 28, 2016

This and that

Dear Jesse,

I seem to have done a rather feeble job of keeping up the blog for you this first week. It's partly because I've been passably busy. But I've also just not felt like I have much in me to say. Don't choke on your disbelief over me being short on words!

Most importantly: the boys and I are alive and well. (You can probably interpret "well" in an expansive sort of way, but it's generally true.) I'm thankful I was able to be at the house every morning and afternoon at bus time, easing them into the first week of school.

This past week also held dental visits for both boys. As you know, they have been counting down days for this check-up, seeing how your mom had promised a cash payout for impeccable dental hygiene over the past 6 months leading to a no cavities verdict. You can see the happy result here!


William also has taken an immense amount of joy this week in filling full size balloons with water. They can hold 1 to 1.5 gallons of water so are absolute bombs. The half bath has seen its share of water clean-up operations, and I have lugged several of these babies out to the porch for his bursting pleasure. I've taken some video but have yet to get it uploaded. Maybe later this week (but don't hold your breath).

Another favored activity this week? Dismantling the couch for the purposes of Nerf warfare. Boys.

We've also done a fair bit of reading, completing our most recent chapter book together plus all of Three Cousins that Mom has written so far. And here you can see William generating his own story with Story Cubes earlier this evening. I can totally get into reading and stories! (Guns and 12-lb water balloons? More of a stretch...)

I see I wrote another blog post called "This and that" several years ago...a similarly random update with photos...  Remember those cute little boys?

2 comments:

Jesse said...

You gave Josiah a haircut, didn't you? 😠

Jesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.